Installation from source
You can install Karaoke Mugen by downloading its source code.
- Download a Karaoke Mugen version from its git repository through
git cloneor the ZIP archive provided by gitlab.
- Unzip/place the Karaoke Mugen source code where there's enough free space.
- Download mpv and place its executable in the
app/binfolder or specify its path in the config file if you already have mpv installed on your system.
- Version 0.25 is the minimum requirement (0.27 for macOS)
- Download ffmpeg and place the
ffmpegexecutable in the
- Version 3.3.1 is the minimum requirement
- Download nodeJS which is required for Karaoke Mugen to run.
- Minimum version required is 10.9.x. Karaoke Mugen is not compatible with Node 11 yet.
- Install nodeJS once it's been downloaded
- Minimum version required is 10.6. You can try with 9.x versions but it hasn't been battle tested.
- You'll need to configure your database server for Karaoke Mugen to work. Modify the
database.jsonfile to point to your created database. See configuration
- You need to create the
unaccentextension in your Karaoke Mugen database (default is
karaokemugen_app). For that connect to the database as superuser and run
CREATE EXTENSION unaccent;
Open the command line (cmd, terminal, bash...) and go into the Karaoke Mugen folder. Then launch :
yarn is not installed yet on your system, go to its website to install it.
yarn is installed :
yarn will install all necessary modules for Karaoke Mugen to work and build the React client. It can take from 1 to 5 minutes depending on your system's speed and your internet connection.
Once this is done, you can go to the getting started section!